[rt-users] external authentication

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 13:33:47 EST 2002

wrote:
> > We're aiming for the one user, one password paradigm, too; we're
> > standardizing around the UNIX passwd file (as served via YP/NIS/NIS+).
> > We've chosen to have RT sync itself from our NIS server's passwd map
> > whenever the passwd map changes. It took a little scripting and some
> > Makefile work, but it's proved effective.
>
> I'd love to see your code for this, if you'd be willing to share.
>
> srl

Once I do it, I'll let everyone know, but I'm on holiday at the moment, so it
won't be for a week or so.

However, when I had a look at the comfig.pm, I couldn't see where I needed to
put the code (I did only have a quick look) so if someone could point me to
the appropriate section I'd appreciate it.

--
Gary Stainburn