[rt-users] proxypass problem

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Tue Mar 5 17:37:08 EST 2002

Quoting Bruce Pea <pea at andrewpea.com> [Mar 05, 2002 17:24]:
> I have our main web server setup the following way in it's httpd.conf file:

[-- snip --]

> You can try it here:  http://www.andrewpea.com/rt
>
> I checked the apache log and found the following:
>
> [Tue Mar  5 15:46:25 2002] [error] [client 63.255.228.33] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/rt2

Is that in the error log for the proxy or the proxied server?

> The ProxyPass directive doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone
> have any ideas about what I've done wrong here?

What does httpd -l tell you?  Do you have mod_proxy installed?
If you do, I'd begin by making your 404 page (on both servers) a
server-parsed page, putting <!--#printenv--> in them, and see if
you are seeing proxy-related environment variables.

(darren)

--
If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large
deposit in my name in a Swiss bank.