[rt-users] Sigs for REPLY, no sigs for COMMENT?

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Wed Mar 6 12:13:49 EST 2002

Dave,

Quoting Dave Ewart <Dave.Ewart at cancer.org.uk> [Mar 06, 2002 11:13]:
> Anyone have a nice patch that stops signatures being added to
> comments?  I'd like to only include the signature when doing a
> REPLY to the Requestor, and not have a signature when just
> writing a comment ...

I'm assuming that are referring to when mail comes into RT.  If
you are using procmail, you can add a recipe to strip signatures;
see <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/info/proctips.html#delsig> for an
example.  It would have to be modified to run under RT, of
course.

# Here is the original recipe:
:0
* ^Subject: Whatever
{
  :0 fbw
  | sed -e '/^-- /,$ d'
  :0:
  ${DEFAULT}
}

# Here's a modified version to pipe through rt-mailgate
:0
* ^TO_rt@
{
  :0 fbh

  :0
  | /path/to/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond
}

(darren)

--
Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
    -- Aldous Huxley