[rt-users] Attachments - should they be in emails?

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Wed Mar 6 17:59:34 EST 2002

Folks,

I've tried both of my installed RT 2.0.11 setups (mod perl & Mod_fastcgi) and
in both cases the web interface "does the right thing"(tm) with attachments,
but they're not appearing in email messages.

For example, using the web interface I attach a test script for a customer
while REPLYing to a ticket using the ATTACH_______(Browse) button/feature. It's
attached to the ticket just fine, I can download the attachment from the web
interface, but the e-mail which was sent to the customer does NOT contain the
attachment.

Is it supposed to? What is the purpose of this Attachment: feature
otherwise? Internal tracking? For the customer to view via the SelfService
interface?

-Darren