[rt-users] Setting up non-priv'ed users to view queues

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 04:58:37 EST 2002

Bruce Campbell wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Sean Hussey wrote:
>
> > But, when I initiate a ticket and assign it to that queue, it
> > doesn't display on her page.  She can type in the ticket number and
> > bring it up, but that's no good. ... I've made her a Watcher on that
> > queue, but that didn't make any difference.
>
> The SelfService interface is limited to showing tickets 'requested' by
> that user.  For each ticket that you assign to that queue that you wish
> her to see, you will need to add her as a requestor.

That's what I would've expected.  I got part-way through composing a
reply along those lines when I thought I'd better test it, and I can't
get it to work either.

I have a ticket that I created with the web interface.  I've added an
external user as a Requestor.  I've even removed me from being a
Requestor on that ticket.  When logged in as me and viewing that ticket,
it appears with three others in the list of "This user's 25 highest
priority tickets".

But when I log in as that external user, the list "Your open requests"
just contains the three tickets that were opened by e-mail, not the one
I created through the web interface.

(Then I aborted sending my reply, meaning to investigate where the
self-service list comes from and seeing if I can make this work.  But I
haven't got round to that yet ...)

Smylers
--
GBdirect