[rt-users] mod_perl compiled statically: how?

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Mon Mar 11 10:20:25 EST 2002

Quoting Rehan van der Merwe <Rehan at nha.co.za> [Mar 11, 2002 09:45]:
> The installation of static mod_perl as set out below works
> great, but how would I go about installing mod_perl statically,
> but keeping DSO support for other modules that I would wish to
> install later?

None of the install docs cover this, but it's pretty simple.  You
know that you can pass arbitrary APACI args to the apache build
process using APACI_ARGS, right?  Add something like:

  APACI_ARGS='--enable-module=so'

(Or add --enable-module=so to your existing APACI_ARGS argument
to Makefile.PL).  This will build mod_so into your httpd, which
you can then use to load other modules.  You can also add
--enable-shared=modname to your APACI_ARGS; if you do
--enable-shared=all be sure to also add a --disable-shared=perl.

(darren)

--
Westheimer's Discovery: A couple of months in the laboratory can
save a couple of hours in the library.