[rt-users] outgoing e-mail problem

Peter Illmayer pete at jbo.com.au
Fri Mar 15 02:41:38 EST 2002

Hi ALL

Have just installed rt2.0 on my machine and it looks great.  I have a
default queue called support and it is behaving itself.. By this I mean

1)       email support at mybox
2)       The job is logged in the support queue
3)       The requestor gets an e-mail providing reference number

I added a 2nd queue called installs.
            1) email installs at mybox
            2) The job is logged in the installs queue

the sender NEVER gets confirmation with the job number.  I added a 3rd
queue exactly the same.. exact same problem.  I can't see the difference
between the default queue and any other one I put in.. All that is
missing is the e-mail auto responder.

I see in maillog that the e-mail is piped and the job then turns up in
the queue.. The queue exists as it doesn't get bounced.  I believe I set
the permissions of the queue correctly..

Can anyone shed any light as I'm tearing my hair out :-)

Thanks..Pete