[rt-users] Customization Advice

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 05:01:46 EST 2002

Apologies for the delay in responding to the advice offered a few weeks'
ago -- for some reason my boss seems to prefer me going out and earning
money rather than configuring our internal systems, and I've only just
got round to looking at this again.

On Mar 6 darren chamberlain wrote:

> Quoting Smylers <smylers at gbdirect.co.uk> [Mar 06, 2002 12:26]:
>
> >   * ... when an e-mail response is sent to a new ticket it
> >     automatically becomes open and owned by the responder.
>
> Take a look at <http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/AutoAssign.pm>.

Ta.  That's looks like something I could use as basis for what I suspect
we want.

> >     One of the things we do is write and maintain various documents, and
> >     I'd like to use RT for tracking document issues and enhancements
> >     internally.
>
> If you do this, and use CVS to manage your documents, you should
> look into the CVS commit handler at
> <http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/rt-addons/rt-commit-handler>.

Yeah, that looks nice.  I fear that we won't actually be disciplined to
make use of it.  I think with that and my 'auto-own' idea above, we'll
initially run without them.  Then we'll see which repetative tasks are
irritating people and automate those.

> >       3 A printer-friendly tab with just all the information, so that
> >         printing just that page gives a hard copy of absolutely
> >         everything known about that ticket.  This should include contact
> >         information for all requestors
>
> No comment other than that I like this idea a lot.

If I get something that works and doesn't appear to be of use only to
us, I'll make it available somewhere.

> It look like you have a lot of fun ahead.  Good luck!

Cheers.

Smylers
--
GBdirect