[rt-users] sendmail problem

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Mon Mar 25 22:02:01 EST 2002

We're trying to upgrade the physical box that RT sits on, and in doing so,
we're switching from postfix to sendmail.

Everything works fine on the sending side, but when trying to create
tickets (upon e-mail reception), sendmail hangs, and logs the following:

Mar 25 21:49:01 obsidian sendmail[384]: g2Q2l0200383: timeout waiting for
input from local during Draining Input

The first ticket gets created just fine, and all the notifications are sent
out, but subsequent tickets don't work.

When trying to submit a ticket manually ("cat <file> | ~rt/bin/rt-mailgate
--queue test --action correspond"), it just hangs and sits there.

Anyone know what's going on?  A quick Google search didn't turn anything
up, and I didn't see anything in the archives.