[rt-users] RT receives email, but doesn't even try to send... :(

Glenn Sieb ges at lumeta.com
Tue Mar 26 17:04:32 EST 2002

Hi everyone,

We have RT 2.0.11 running, on Apache 1.3.23, with mod_ssl and mod_perl.

We run postfix 20010228 here... the relevant section of our config.pm
follows. Any idea why RT won't even try to email? (I mean it's not even
calling the $MailCommand at all.. we replaced sendmail with a script to
capture the data for review, and it's not even being called...)

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

#Sendmail Configuration

# $MailCommand defines which method RT will use to try to send mail
# We know that 'sendmail' works fairly well.
# If 'sendmail' doesn't work well for you, try 'sendmailpipe'
# But note that you have to configure $SendmailPath and add a -t
# to $SendmailArguments

$MailCommand = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";

# $SendmailArguments defines what flags to pass to $Sendmail
# assuming you picked 'sendmail' or 'sendmailpipe' as the $MailCommand above.
# If you picked 'sendmailpipe', you MUST add a -t flag to $SendmailArguments

# These options are good for most sendmail wrappers and workalikes
$SendmailArguments="-oi -t";

# These arguments are good for sendmail brand sendmail 8 and newer
#$SendmailArguments="-oi -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m";

# If you selected 'sendmailpipe' above, you MUST specify the path
# to your sendmail binary in $SendmailPath.
# !! If you did not # select 'sendmailpipe' above, this has no effect!!
#$SendmailPath = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";
$SendmailPath = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";

# RT can optionally set a "Friendly" 'To:' header when sending messages to
# Ccs or AdminCcs (rather than having a blank 'To:' header.
# This feature DOES NOT WORK WITH SENDMAIL[tm] BRAND SENDMAIL
# If you are using sendmail, rather than postfix, qmail, exim or some other
MTA,
# you _must_ disable this option.

$UseFriendlyToLine = 0;

---