[rt-users] Bug in 'From' processing in 2.0.12?

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Wed Mar 27 02:47:11 EST 2002

I'm sure there is the bug (somewhere on RealName handling).
I use 2.0.9 and results are similar (RT sometimes generates wrong From
column as desc. bellow. The reason is that is sometimes stores Real Name
into its database with " characters (I suppose derived from e-mail
headers becaus I've seen/successfuly fixed the same bug on RT1).

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Phil Oester wrote:

> In version 2.0.11, line 294 of SendEmail.pm reads:
>
>       $self->SetHeader('From', "$friendly_name via RT <$replyto>");
>
> In version 2.0.12, it now reads:
>
>       $self->SetHeader('From', "\"$friendly_name via RT\" <$replyto>");
>
> Users which were autocreated on ticket submission show a 'Real Name'
> field of:
>
> 	"Last, First"
>
> Comments sent from these users now arrive with the following 'From'
> header:
>
> 	From: ""Last at rthost.mydomain.com, First" via RT"
> <rt at mydomain.com>
>
> Any ideas why???
>
> -Phil

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404