[rt-users] Autoreply Wars

Michael Grubb mgrubb at fifthvision.net
Thu May 2 14:05:51 EDT 2002

Yet another question regarding Autoreply =]
I'm having some issues with autoreply loops.

Last night someone sent a message from an account that was being serviced by
an autoresponder, (a notification of email-address change),  when rt sent the
autoreply back to this address, the remote autoresponder sent another message
(not a reply but a completely new message)  thus causing a never ending loop.
Has anyone else encountered anything similar if so how did you solve it?
If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

I'm hoping to solve this problem I won't have to disable the autoreply.

Also on another note but unrelated.
RT is setting the Return-Path: header to mydomain.com at mail.mydomain.com
Is there a reason for this? (is it setting it to an address it thinks should
be nonexistant?)

Thanks to everyone in advance,

-Michael