[rt-users] Minor: fix for CVS/Aegis instructions

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat May 4 02:13:23 EDT 2002

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:38:51PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 11:03:58AM +0930, Dan Shearer wrote:
> >   Actually, RT 2.0.x development is done in Aegis, but exported to cvs.

Well, 2.0 development is done in CVS. 2.1 is being done in aegis.
The cvs export tools are still somewhat flaky, but they're getting there.
Thanks for the doc updates, Dan.

We're not yet using all the cool stuff that aegis lets us do (And some of
it, we may never use; aegis' testing methodology doesn't map well to
perl's Test::Inline, for instance) but overall, I'm quite happy.  I can
finally develop and checkin on my laptop, when I'm netless. and then I
can commit upstream and preserve the version history.   In the distant
future, I've got visions of a tight integration of aegis and RT. Imagine,
if you will, an "Apply Patch" button in RT. :)

	-jesse