[rt-users] Ticket URLs don't work when logged out

Sebastian Flothow sebastian at flothow.de
Mon May 6 15:48:22 EDT 2002

I'm having some trouble with the ticket URLs contained in the mail
sent to queue watchers. They look like this:

http://hostname/Ticket/Display.html?id=42

They work fine when my browser is running and I'm already logged into RT.
When I'm not logged in, RT displays the log-in screen (obviously),
but after logging in, RT says "No ticket specified".

I guess this is because the log-in form is sent as a POST request, like this:

POST /Ticket/Display.html?id=42 HTTP/1.1
[some header lines removed]

user=sflothow&pass=[removed]

So RT (or Mason, or whatever) ignores the "?id=42" part of the URL
because it's a POST request, and the POST data doesn't contain the
ticket ID.

I've verified this with iCab/2.7.1 on MacOS 8.6 and IE/6 on Win2K; RT
is 2.0.13 (FCGI) on Apache 1.3.
Can someone reproduce this problem on their system?

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de
#include <stddisclaimer.h>