[rt-users] Creating Tasks from Web Forms Not in RT Hierarchy

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Wed May 8 09:24:20 EDT 2002

> Is there documentation on how to do this?

Not as such...

> Has anyone already done this and can provide examples?

Yes, I've done this.  Without pasting in my actual code, I can tell you that
I created an HTML form with fields for the desired information, and had the
form call a perl script which just turns around and sends e-mail to RT.

> Is it possible to create additional fields beyond those
> defined as the default RT task fields in order to track
> additional information from custom web forms that are not
> in the RT hierarchy?

Well, maybe, if you use the enhanced mailgate (which we don't), you could
seed some keyword selections.

For our purposes, it was deemed sufficient just to list all the information
in the body of the automatic e-mail.
--
Kendric Beachey