[rt-users] Creating Tasks from Web Forms Not in RT Hierarchy

Sebastian Flothow sebastian at flothow.de
Wed May 8 11:50:35 EDT 2002

At 19:22 Uhr -0700 7.5.2002, Will Doherty wrote:
>At the Online Policy Group, we have a variety of forms
>on various websites that we'd like to use to create
>RT tasks so that we can process all the user requests
>within RT.

Our website forms simply send mail to RT. This is for historical
reasons; the form processing CGI existed before we began using RT.
However, I'd probably go the same way now: Sending mail is trivial
with any serious server-side scripting language, works across
different servers, and the MTA takes care of queuing if the machine
running RT isn't reachable.

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de