[rt-users] Apache configuration

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri May 10 10:39:41 EDT 2002

frederic.gobin at mindmatics.de wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> we are currently running RT on several maschines, all with SuSE Linux 7.0. We
> use the standard apache, adding only the lines in the httpd.conf that are
> needed for RT.
>
> Now for the great mistery :
>
>    We tried to start the webserver (with rcapache start) and ... syntax error
>    After several tries we can start the webserver without problems.
>
>    Guess what has changed in the config file : Nothing
>
> Can somebody explain this ?

Unfortunately, You did not provide us with enough data. Normally, more
information is found in the apache error log. Maybe You can post the changed
part of Your configuration, and any error messages You can find.

By the way: It would be best if You updated Your MySQL and apache
installations to more current versions SuSE 7.0 is a bit old nowadays.

Regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com