[rt-users] Apache configuration

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri May 10 11:07:58 EDT 2002

frederic.gobin at mindmatics.de wrote:

> Mysql was updated to the current version, apache not.
> And there is nothing about the error in the error log ...
>
> I can give another information :
>
>    (I had to use "httpd -t" directly, because the apachectl-script is not there)
>    "httpd -t" gives an error
> "Invalid command 'PerlRequire', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration"
>
> I think it is because SuSE uses some conditionals in their config file.
> (Something like
>
>    <IfDefine PERL>
>    LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache/libperl.so
>    </IfDefine>
> )

IIRC, the SuSE 7.0 configuration for mod_perl is faulty. I don't remember
anymore what it was or how to fix it, but at that time it was fairly difficult
to understand the chain of includes and defines in SuSE's setup. We switched
to another distribution shortly afterwards (for reasons completely unrelated).

And, returning to RT from this topic, it's always better to compile apache
with mod_perl built in to avoid these errors.

Regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com