[rt-users] Problem with RT and FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE

Justin Hawkins justin at internode.com.au
Sun May 12 23:24:34 EDT 2002

On Sun, 12 May 2002, Rainer Duffner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got some questions regarding the installation of RT on FreeBSD.
>
> I use a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE and wanted to use the ports-system to install
> the various perl-modules (and not to completely mess-up my system).
> Do I absolutely have to have the same version numbers of the required
> perl-modules ?

I didn't have much choice but to manually install some modules. Even
worse, I had to manually (read copy) install the CGI.pm files because the
Makefile.pl wouldn't work.

On the upside, I wouldn't worry too much about having to use cpan to
install modules rather than the FreeBSD ports. The end result is the same,
the only thing you don't get is a pkg entry saying it's installed. But
there is never going to be a port for every module you need anyway.

	- Justin

--
Justin Hawkins
Internode Professional Access