[rt-users] a silly question

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue May 14 17:01:47 EDT 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002 naoy at levillage.org wrote:

> I'm wondering if the rt1 script run on rt2 despite of the database's
> diferences

Generally, you should not take rt1 scripts and run them on rt2 without
serious examanation of any schema assumptions that the script is doing.
Bad mysterious things happen (the docs mention kneecaps for some reason).

> here is a script to clean a mysql database, i test it , it seems to
> work, if anyone is interested tell me yours feeling about it

The script quoted would appear to work on the RT 2.0.x series, except that
you're leaving ticket Watchers hanging.  (delete from Watchers where Type
= 'Requestor' AND Scope = 'Ticket' AND Value = TicketId)

Regards

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations