[rt-users] Proper Server for RT

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Tue May 7 04:52:01 EDT 2002

* Crespo, Ramon <Ramon.Crespo at stis.com> [20020506 18:06]: wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I was wondering what everyone was running RT on. I'm looking to purchase a
> new server to run RT on. The users here are complaining that its too slow. I
> hear the drives churning loudly as well. I'm wondering if its a software
> issue or an actual network issue. Currently I have it running on the
> following.
>
> - Digital PWS600au
> - FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE
> - 256MB of RAM
> - 2 SCSI-2 HDD's 4GB (system) 8GB (backup)
> - Apache 1.3.22
> - mod_perl 1.2.6

Mine is Intel Server:
CPU: Pentium III/Pentium III Xeon/Celeron (447.69-MHz 686-class CPU)
FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE
256MB RAM
2 SCSI-2 HDD 17GB Each
Apache 1.3.24
mod_perl 1.2.6

Other than this it runs Exim, tpop3d, MySQL, Imap... everything.
Noone has said it's slow, even myself ;-)
Everything opens okay.

        cheers
       - wash
 Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)
 http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,
 GSM: (254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI
						 --from a /. post

++
``That Ariel Sharon. Boy, he sure is controversial.
  Most Western countries would have to have a military coup
  before they enjoyed a leader of that caliber.'' (Sydney Webb)