[rt-users] rt 2.09 / 2.0.13 performance (& SQL schema)

Thu May 16 15:32:07 EDT 2002

Nate Amsden wrote:

> any performance tips?

couple more things ..

i searched through the archives and jesse said at one point to someone to
upgrade DBI::SearchBuilder to 0.46-test1 which helped that person's performance
a lot. my system is currently running DBI::SearchBuilder 0.48-1(Debian package).

there is usually 1 person at a time using the system, i would guess that
maybe 5 people total use it. so load is light, new tickets come up very
fast(within
a second or so), old tickets can take sometimes 35-45 seconds. i tried searching
the contrib stuff for any kind of cleanup script that may clean up the db
of old data, but couldn't find anything.

another post mentioned using a caching proxy infront of the webserver to
reduce load, but since my load is so light anyways i don't think it would help.
the users are connected to the server over 100baseT lan. on the main
production server i also run another system - ezPublish which uses mod_php
and mysql, it too is very fast, but it also doesn't get much traffic, maybe
30 hits a day(most are from me). the new system is rt-only, but the performance
is the same on both.

as for mysql config:

I am using these runtime options with mysql:
 --skip-locking -O key_buffer=128M -O table_cache=1024 -O sort_buffer=8M -O
record_buffer=5M

I used these performance-related compile time options with mysql:
--with-client-ldflags=-all-static --enable-assembler
--with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static

i've seen posts here(been lurking here since maybe july/august 2001) about
people
having tens of thousands of tickets, some having dozens of concurrent users ..so
am uncertain what is different about my situation, maybe rt magically gets
faster
with more load ? :/ again our db has less then 900 tickets generated. running
rt 2.0.13(on a test system with the same db data), and rt 2.0.9 on the main
production system. OS is debian gnu/linux 3.0

i can't find much more tuning suggestions via the list archives ...the FAQ
mentions
a couple things but doesn't say how to go about checking the SQL schema or
upgrading
it(if i was not already running the current schema ...)

thanks again.

nate

--
Nate Amsden