[rt-users] auto-open tickets only for new tickets?

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Sun May 19 20:14:17 EDT 2002

sheeri.kritzer at tufts.edu wrote:
> Would the below "fix" work?  Basically we still want to be able to
> auto-create tickets via e-mail submission, and talk to RT via e-mail,
> but if we add information to a resolved ticket (via web or e-mail)
> we want the ticket to stay resolved.

If you want it to never auto-open, just comment out that code
entirely. If you still want stalled tickets to auto-open,

     if ($TicketAsSystem->Status eq 'stalled') {

should do the trick.

This really should be scrip-able. But I'd be quite
surprised if that wasn't the plan for 2.2 :-)

Actually, you could pretty much scrip it now. Comment out
the code in question, and add some ScripActions... something
like

OnCorrespond OpenTicketIfResolved with template Blank
OnCorrespond OpenTicketIfStalled with template Blank
OnCorrespond OpenTicketIfStalled with template Blank

and maybe even a new ScripCondition for the original problem,

OnRequestorMail OpenTicket with template Blank