[rt-users] tar.gz attachment strangeness -- rt-2-0-13

Dave Young y2kill at boldfish.com
Mon May 20 20:32:14 EDT 2002

Hi, I cannot seem to figure this out, basically I can send almost any
attachment, except for certain tar.gz that contain text, well, sorta, I
can't seem to correlate it to one thing (content type, filename,
extension, etc.) let me try to explain:

the alias is simple:

iij-project-admin: "|/var/www/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue iij-project
--action correspond", test

test is appended just to test the attachment problem, he does get all
the attachments.

in test's mailbox I see:

the above makes it into RT

also makes it

DOES NOT MAKE IT!!!!  it just isn't there..

this file contains a tar file, which then contains a few text files and
some jar files...

I've changed the file name, zipped it, still nothing, ie:

still does not make it into RT!

this DOES make it into RT, it's another text file, that's tarred and
gzipped....

If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

--Dave