[rt-users] Transaction-local CC lists truncated

Bret Martin bret_martin at hms.harvard.edu
Mon May 20 23:10:00 EDT 2002

Hi,

We've noticed that the transaction-local CC lists (added sometime
between 2.0.9 and 2.0.13, I'm not sure exactly when) seem to get
silently truncated if they're long (say > 60 chars).  For example, a
user might put

	joseph_smith at foobar.example.com, jane_doe at foobar.example.com,
		joe_blow at foobar.example.com

in the CC list and end up with only the first two addresses, or with
the first two and part of the third, like

	joseph_smith at foobar.example.com, jane_doe at foobar.example.com,

or

	joseph_smith at foobar.example.com, jane_doe at foobar.example.com,
		joe_blow at foob

I was surprised to find that the truncation doesn't seem to be to the
same length each time, but maybe RT drops strings that don't look like
valid e-mail addresses (so if an address gets chopped before the @ it
gets dropped).

Is anyone else having this problem?  I didn't see anything obvious in
the list archives.

--Bret

--
Bret Andrew Martin              Harvard Medical School
bret_martin at hms.harvard.edu     West Quad Computing Group