[rt-users] Yet Another permission question.

Michael Grubb mgrubb at fifthvision.net
Tue May 21 13:18:20 EDT 2002

Well, actually two I suppose.

What I need to accomplish is to allow the SupportTechnicians to do most
everything with the tickets except the Admin rights, but I only want the
current owner to be able to reply to tickets.  So all the techs should be
able to move the tickets from queue to queue, and set links, etc. but I only
want the reply permission to be granted to the current owner.
But if I give the ModifyTicket permission then it overrides that setting.
The real reason this is an issue is that at the end of the day, the next
support shift picks up the unresolved tickets and works them.  I can't rely
on the fact that the techs will set the owner to Nobody at the end of the day.
The only other way I know to combat this situation is to make some code
changes so that when they log out the system will rob them of all their
tickets.  But then I can't make sure they will hit the logout link either.
Anyone have some ideas on this?

Also I would like the users to be able to change contact information and
comments on users but not access rights.
(i.e. Support Techs should be able to update the phone, address, and comments
field without access to change the auth information.)

Any help is greatly appreciated.