[rt-users] RT2: requestor-mode Web Interface

Frank Hoffsummer frank.hoffsummer at svt.se
Wed May 22 13:39:01 EDT 2002

Hello,
I managed to install RT2 and am now trying to figure out how to best use
it for our purposes.
Since the email configuration is quite complex and not so well
documented (and would include a lot of departments around here) I aim to
have a pure Web-based access to RT for all users, i.e. also the
requestors.

How to best set RT2 up for that? Anybody else uses RT in such a pure
web-based environment?

I read the available documentation and stumbled across the following
(http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=2#80):

<< If you intend to let ticket requestors use the requestor-mode web
interface, you should grant "Requestor" the right to "ShowTicket" >>

What is this "requestor-mode web interface"? How do I access it? Any
further documentation?

Thanks a lot for any insight you might have
-frank