[rt-users] PostgreSQL & RT2...

Glenn Sieb ges at lumeta.com
Fri May 24 14:04:49 EDT 2002

On 01:44 PM 5/24/2002 -0400, seth wrote:
>>postgres" does not exist at
>>/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/DataSource/Driver.pm line 74
>>FATAL 1:  user "postgres" does not exist at
>>/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/DataSource/Driver.pm line 74,
>><STDIN> line 1.
>>*** Error code 255
>>
>>I've searched the web, and the archives, to no avail. Is anyone else here
>>running postgres who can give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong here? :(
>

>Wild guess here but it seems its trying to log into your DB as the user
>postgress. It needs to login as the root user (what ever postgress uses
>for that account) in order to create the rt2 user and DB's.

D'oh! My bad. Thanks for the pointer--I had the user created, and it
*should* have been able to do everything, but changing the user to the
postgres default user worked.

Thanks! :)
Glenn

---
Glenn E. Sieb           See us at NetSec! June 18-19
System Administrator    Hyatt Embarcadero, San Francisco
Lumeta Corporation      http://www.lumeta.com/Events/events.html
+1 732 357-3514 (V)
+1 732 564-0731 (Fax)