[rt-users] link to sorted search

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Mon May 27 06:51:40 EDT 2002

On Wednesday Sebastian Flothow wrote:

> ... I'd like to change the queue links in the upper right of the home
> page so that the search results are sorted by priority, descending.
> How do I do that?

In Elements/Quicksearch find the URL which ends like this:

  &RowsPerPage=50&NewSearch=1

and add a couple of extra arguments so that it ends something like this:

  &RowsPerPage=50&NewSearch=1&TicketsSortBy=Priority&TicketsSortOrder=DESC

Disclaimer:  Because I've redesigned our homepage so much (and have
per-queue links going through 'Apache' mod_rewrite) I've actually
achieved the same result myself by populating %ARGS on in the <%INIT%>
of Search/Listing.html, so the above is untested but I reckon ought to
work.

Good luck!

Smylers
--