[rt-users] Problem: How to avoid being too helpful, Discuss.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon May 27 10:23:08 EDT 2002

Actually, the situation is more one of:

	Helpdesk
		Helper Foo
		Helper Bar

	Ticket comes in.  Helpers respond via Email

		Helper Foo responds.
		Helper Bar responds, not yet seeing Helper Foo's response.

	Requestor receives:

		Foo: Hi, whats the specifics of the problem?
		Bar: Looks like X, whats the specifics?

Just a little bit awkward for the Helpdesk. ;)

So, what do people think should happen at this juncture to avoid the
situation?

What I'm wanting to happen is:

		Helper Foo responds.
		Helper Bar responds, not yet seeing Helper Foo's response.

		RT_System: Bar, Foo has already responded within the
		timeframe set for delaying responses.  Your response
		will not be sent until time X.  It can be revoked, or
		sent immediately, by using this URL.

I have a few ideas on how to do it, but I'd like to see comments on what
Would Be A Better Way before I implement something ;)

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations