[rt-users] How to fix "Can't do setuid"? Reinstall Perl modules?

josh josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Tue May 28 15:47:51 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 05:30:21PM +0200, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 28 May 2002, josh wrote:
>
> > I seem to be getting the "Can't do setuid" problem, but I can't quite
> And for all instances of '#!/some/path/perl' within RT, are you calling
> one of the setuid perls as above?

As far as I can tell my path is fine. Is there a good way to check?
Judging from @INC I've got it right. Is there an easy way to check
that I have setuid capability? Before I sent this I created a perl
"hello world" to test. I wrote it as root. It executes fine without
the suid bit turned on, but fails with the "Can't do setuid" message
once I make it suid.

One one level this has nothing to do with RT, except that RT requires
the suid programs to works. It may have something to do with how RaQ
XTRs are configured or how I may have damaged my perl installation. In
any case the instructions from the FAQ are not enough for me to fix
what is happening. I'll ask on the Cobalt lists as well, but it still
mystifies me.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us