[rt-users] Using RT in help desk mode

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Wed May 29 09:25:17 EDT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 05:27:59PM +0800, francisv at dagupan.com (francisv at dagupan.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking of using RT for our phone-in customer support. How would a
> typical RT installation be for this kind of scenario?

We found that the sticking point was creating new users; RT is
sort of expecting that users already exist, and that you'll just refer
to them as requestor when you create a new ticket.

I've modified our local copy to add a new button, "New voice call", in
the tabs section. That takes a user to Configuration->Users, lets them
create/modify/find the requestor, and then a new button in that panel
takes them to the create-ticket screen with Requestor prefilled.

It's a messy hack, but if you want it, lemme know.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!