[rt-users] AutoTake - where?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed May 29 12:29:05 EDT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, David Chu wrote:

> > Your Privileged Users have no email address associated with them; RT will
> > have autocreated additional users for them based on email address.
>
> Thanks for the help Bruce.  For testing purposes, I have the sender of the
> email as a SuperUser.  This still does not seem to automatically make them
> the owner of the ticket the requestor when done via email.  I realize you
> are rushed Bruce, so could someone else knowledgable about RT maybe help
> clarify?  Thanks!

AutoTake makes sure that the User can own tickets in the current queue. If
they're not able to OwnTickets (see User Rights in Configuration) in that
queue, AutoTake won't assign tickets to them.  Merely being SuperUser
won't cut it (my code expects more than a fancy coloured pair of
underpants to be impressed ;) ).

Have a look through the AutoTake code for what is expected.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations