[rt-users] samba and rt?

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Sat Nov 2 01:53:58 EST 2002

> I have been asked to get our RT2 installation to use samba for
> authentication.  I couldn't find anything in the places I know where to
> look...google and bestpractical.  Is doing such a thing preposterous?

Well, it's easy, and at least passably documented. You set RT's
$WebExternalAuth, and you use one many ways to get apache to auth
against smb. You can even autocreate users, though it takes a bit of
code. if you don't want to much about writing code, look for my
code snippet. it creates the function WebExternalAutoInfo

seph