[rt-users] Split Ticket

Sheeri Kritzer sheeri.kritzer at tufts.edu
Sun Nov 3 16:10:20 EST 2002

I'd suggest a different way of thinking about it.  We have an idea for the
concept of "birthing" tickets -- that is, taking a parent ticket and "birthing"
a child ticket which already has some info in it (ie, who is the parent).  I
can imagine that some of the default info might be the same, like "subject" and
maybe even text.

Basically, I can imagine that happening by combining the features of
"comment"ing on a message and creating a new ticket -- you click a "birth a new
ticket" button from one of the parts of a ticket (links?), and you get the
"create a new ticket" screen, where the queue, initial body, subject, parent
and requestor are already filled in for you (which you can modify).

My imagination is much better than my perl skills, unfortunately.  The people
who've actually developed for RT can illuminate whether or not my idea is pure
fantasy or a good framework.

-Sheeri Kritzer
Systems Administrator
University Systems Group