[rt-users] web search engine vs. RT?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Nov 4 04:39:52 EST 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Les Mikesell wrote:

> I'd like to use an in-house web search engine like htdig
> to combine everything in rt and an assortment of other
> repositories into a big knowledge base.  Has anyone

You might want to look at www.mnogosearch.com , which is a) faster than
htdig and b) can slurp through mysql databases, rather than putting load
on your web server (and following bad links)

> tried this, and is there any trick to giving the search engine
> read-only permission so it won't screw anything up as
> it tries to traverse all the links?

If you go the htdig way, create a specific user which has permission to
view tickets, but not update or modify tickets.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security