[rt-users] Split Ticket

Tony Aiuto tony at ics.com
Mon Nov 4 11:14:50 EST 2002

>Sheeri Kritzer wrote:
>I'd suggest a different way of thinking about it.  We have an idea for
>the concept of "birthing" tickets -- that is, taking a parent ticket and
>"birthing" a child ticket which already has some info in it (ie, who is
>the parent).  I can imagine that some of the default info might be the
>same, like "subject" and maybe even text.

That's about what my implementation is evolving towards.  When you
split/fork a ticket you get a clone of the first ticket but
with a potentially new subject and text of the creation
transaction.   The original ticket is a parent of the copy.
There is also a "split" transaction type, which shows
up in the parent to mark that this happened.