[rt-users] Unable to login.

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 4 13:05:33 EST 2002

I have two systems.   On one I can install and login to the web interface
no problem, and on the latter I cannot.

The one which works is perl 5.6.1 with HTML::Mason 1.05

The one which does not is 5.8.0 with HTML::Mason 1.15.

There may be other minor difference between the system as well, but I
suspect they aren't relevant.

I did read somewhere that versions of rt less than 2.0.14 didn't like
newer Masons, but I've now installed 2.0.15 and still no joy.

The symtoms involve a stubborn refusal to accept any username/password via
the web interface, and an apologetic warning (and nothing more) in the rt
log - even with logging set to 'debug' in config.pm.

[Mon Nov  4 17:45:49 2002] [warning]: Database handle destroyed without
explicit disconnect at
/opt/web-world/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line
267.

Oh - and perl isn't in the standard place on the non-working machine, but
I've not yet caused the command line to complain in any obvious way so I
don't think that's an issue.

I'm at a bit of a less as to where to go next, to be honest.  The only
references to this problem I could find dated to a year ago and seemed to
be muttering abound mod_perl versions being old (1.2.26 on working, 1.2.27
on non-working machines, so should be ok no?) but the reference given:

http://fsck.com/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=3D633

seems no longer to exist.

Help?

Thanks.