[rt-users] Adding Custom Fields?

Jeff Hoover jeff.hoover at infotechfl.com
Tue Nov 5 15:49:55 EST 2002

The pc techs where I work would like to have a field in RT for computer
serial numbers.  This way they can keep track of work done on each pc.  Has
anyone done this hack before or something similar?  What would be the
easiest way to do this with RT 2-0-15?

The ideal solution would be for RT to have the ability to add fields on the
fly that would automatically show up everywhere (search, create ticket,
ticket details, etc.).  It would be very similar to keywords, but it would
be a text field, not a select box.

Without hacking the code, I was thinking we could have a keyword like 'PC
Maintenance' with options of 'yes' or 'no' or even specific things like
'software upgrade', 'hardware upgrade', etc.  The pc tech would be required
to select the keyword and put the serial # in the comments so we could
search for it.

All ideas welcome!

Thanks,
Jeff