[rt-users] Re: Password Encryption Used By RT

Vik Bhatia vbhatia at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 8 14:45:42 EST 2002

I am interested in knowing how to set up RT to use external auth. I use
a perl program to run a LDAP authentication for certain web pages and
would like to do the same with RT. in a nutshell what I do with my other
apps that run through apache is:

1. Specify the auth type as "basic" the httpd.conf file and the auth
handler as a perl module which runs a LDAP search during the
authorization phase of the http request loop. It returns OK if the
password and username are valid at the LDAP server.

The question I have is, can I use the same mechanism with RT somehow?

Thanks for your help!

-Vik