[rt-users] rt-mailgate losing messages on failures

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Mon Nov 11 14:59:07 EST 2002

Last week, I got a blank message from RT as a queue watcher/admin.

Today I got another as a response to an open ticket I'm handling.

RT's logs had this to say:

[Mon Nov 11 19:34:20 2002] [crit]: RT::Attachment->Create couldn't, as you didn't specify a transaction

[Mon Nov 11 19:34:21 2002] [err]: RT::Ticket=HASH(0x87f2e28) couldn't init a transaction (Transaction Created)

I checked the mail server logs, and I see that there was a message
coming in at the time:

Nov 11 14:34:20 w01 postfix/nqmgr[5816]: AC2AA3628E: from=<XXXXXX at XXXXX>, size=2219, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 11 14:34:21 w01 postfix/local[43703]: AC2AA3628E: to=<abuse at localhost.m1e.net>, relay=local, delay=2, status=sent ("|/var/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue abuse --action correspond")

The blank message had the right subject line on it and ticket number
info, but the From had a " via RT" (note the blank).

Also, there's no record of this in the ticket, or anywhere else within
RT that I can find.

Shouldn't rt-mailgate fail-safe to just forward the message intact to
the list admin and/or ticket owner?

I have no clue as to the content of this message that would cause such
an issue, and I'm probably gonna look like an idoit for not responding
to that message...