[rt-users] "Grouping" of unprivileged users

James Goss jgoss1074 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 16:15:56 EST 2002

Hello all,

I don't imagine that this is an uncommon problem, but I've poked through the
documentation, FAQ and archives and didn't see anything that addressed this
issue...

I've got some customers who have 'user' accounts in RT (2.0.15) so that they
can review tickets they've submitted in the past and see status, etc.  The
complaint that I get from them is that they can see only their own tickets
and not those of their co-workers.

That is, if customers X and Y work for company A then it is a reasonable
request for them to ask for the ability for customer X to see the tickets
requested by customer Y and vice-versa.  Unfortunately, I see no way to
implement this in RT, except to manually add customer Y as a requestor for
customer X's tickets and vice-versa.

So my question is:

 * Is there a way to 'group' users so they can see each other's tickets
without granting them privileges?  I've looked into doing this by granting
them privileges, but it seems even privileged users with few privileges can
still _see_ a lot of the configuration, even if they can't change it.  This
is not acceptable for our application.

 * Is there a way that I can automatically add customer Y as a requestor to
tickets coming from customer X?

Thanks,

Jim