[rt-users] Internal server error

Owen B. Mehegan omehegan at perseus.com
Thu Nov 14 12:45:30 EST 2002

I've installed RT 2 using apt on my new Debian system. My Apache setup has
mod_perl configured, and I added this to my httpd.conf per the README:

Alias /request-tracker /usr/share/request-tracker/WebRT/html
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlFreshRestart On
<Location /request-tracker>
 PerlRequire /usr/share/request-tracker/bin/webmux.pl
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>

However, when I try to access RT, I get an error 500, with the following
output to my error.log:

[Thu Nov 14 12:22:45 2002] [error] Can't locate object method "new" via
package "RT::Handle" at /usr/share/request-tracker/lib/RT.pm line 26.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Best regards,

Owen B. Mehegan
MIS Manager, Perseus Development Corp.
Landline: (781) 848-8100 x263
Mobile: (617) 285-1701
SurveySolutions for the Web:  Winner of the PC Magazine Editors' Choice
Award