[rt-users] Making RT invisible - changing subject lines

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Mon Nov 18 10:35:34 EST 2002

Tony Aiuto <tony at ics.com> writes:

> Interesting idea.  Is what you are proposing to
> have outgoing mail from RT have a sender address of
> rt-###@mysite.org?

We use <nnn at RT.CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>.  We've published the mail
gateway, but I haven't change SendMail.om and friends yet.

> What happens when the inevitable strikes and the user
> replies to that address, but changes the subject to a
> different ticket #?   I think the subject should have
> precedence.

The address has precende.  Otherwise we wouldn't be able to bounce
messages to another ticket.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/