[rt-users] MySql 'not allowed to connect to host...'

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Mon Nov 18 13:38:37 EST 2002

* Fred.Purdue <Fred.Purdue at Pobox.com> [2002-11-18 13:34]:
> Unfortunately I seem to have encountered another problem;
>
> shell> mysql -h helpdesk.corp.newoppinc.org -u root
> ERROR 1130: Host 'helpdesk.corp.newoppinc.org' is not allowed to
> connect to this MySQL server

No password?

> But wait, you say!  That's easy to fix, you need to allow the other
> host to connect to the database!  -- Ah, but alas, I have done that.
> Allowed hosts is set to % and allowed db's is also set to %.

If you modified the grant tables with "UPDATE users SET ..." then you
also need to FLUSH PRIVILEGES.

(darren)

--
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful