[rt-users] canonicalising auto created user ids

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Mon Nov 18 18:05:09 EST 2002

> I've found the following from the archives but they and the directions
> were written for 2.1.13 and I think the specified files have changed
> for 2.1.1[45].
> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-October/010431.html
> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2002-May/002357.html

The code snippet you refer to is for 2.0.x, the current stable branch
of rt. 2.1.x is the development branch, also known as 3.0. I believe
everyhting in 2.0.x should be the same (muck with the autohandler),
3.0.x should do it on it's own, but I don't know the details.

> Where is the auto creation handled?  I might be able to hack a
> solution from there.

by default RT 2.0.x doesn't have anything that will do autocreation
for web users. The code snippets you refer to add it to autohandler,
which is the right place for it.

RT 3.0.x does it in autohandler.

seph