[rt-users] canonicalising auto created user ids

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Mon Nov 18 21:06:46 EST 2002

<shakes head back and forth> I'm confused about what you're
asking. I'm going to make a guess, and ask various questions.

What version of RT are you asking about?

You're original mail said you were using WebExternalAuth, but that
users created via email auto create couldn't log in? This is because
the autocreated users's username includes the domain portion. so the
user is "rthompson at interpublic.com" and when apache hands RT
"rthompson" it doesn't match.

There are 2 ways to fix that. You can set the email autocreation to no
append domain for interpublic.com users (and only those, not appending
domains for all users would be baaaad). Or you can get the get RT to
append interpublic.com to all webauthenticated things. When I had to
solve this, I went the latter route, and you can find my method (for
rt 2.0.x) at
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2002-May/002349.html

If you want to frob the email auto create, I believe you can find it
by tracing rt-mailgate. autohandler is a web thing.

seph