[rt-users] Changing From Address - "via RT" bit

Tony Aiuto tony at ics.com
Wed Nov 20 10:09:09 EST 2002

>Sorry if this is been done to death before. Currently replies to tickets
>done in RT have a from address set to:
>		"Greg via RT" <queue at rtserver.com>
>How do I change the "via RT" to be something like "- My Company" ...

Edit lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm

Around line 296 there is a block which looks like

      # TODO: this "via RT" should really be site-configurable.
      $self->SetHeader('From', "\"$friendly_name via RT\" <$replyto>");

chande the SetHeader command as appropriate  e.g.

      $self->SetHeader('From', "\"$friendly_name via ICS support\" <$replyto>");

But really, it's an admission of defeat to ask this sort of thing
without even trying to figure it out.  Here's what I did when I
wanted to change it.

	% cd <TOP_OF_RT_INSTALL>
	% find . -type f | xargs grep via.RT
	./lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:      # TODO: this "via RT" should really be site-configurable.
	./lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm:      $self->SetHeader('From', "\"$friendly_name via RT\" <$replyto>");

Hmmm, it's obviously text in SendEmail.pm.   Total elapsed time to
fix - 60 seconds.   I couldn't have looked it up in a manual faster
than that.

-tony