[rt-users] Questions on custom table

Forrest Stanley fstanley at netburner.com
Wed Nov 27 12:27:21 EST 2002

I have created a custom table that stores serial numbers and customer
expiration dates. Most of it seems to be working fine, but I have run into
a problem or two.

	How can I maintain set the owner automatically when a serial number is
created? (Similair to the ways Owner and Creator are automatically set in
the Tickets Table) My first guess is that it has something to do with
Indexes in MySQL. For reference, here is how my SerialNumber table is set
up inside MySQL (in the rt2 database):

CREATE TABLE SerialNumbers
(
    id int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
    Number varchar(30) NOT NULL UNIQUE,
    Owner int(11) NULL,
    DateEntered timestamp default "00000000000000",
    SptExpires timestamp default "00000000000000",
    UpdExpires timestamp default "00000000000000",
    Disabled smallint default "0"
)
type InnoDB;

	Also, I created a custom Serial Number page in the SelfService Area. I
added the page in /WebRT/html/SelfService/SerialNumbers.html  When I load
this page, I always get the entire SelfService front page, and then my
SerialNumber.html page on the bottom. Is there anything special I need to
do with Mason to say that I have added a new page? My header on
SerialNumber.html looks like this:

<& SelfService/Elements/Header, title => 'Serial Numbers' &>
<& Elements/ListActions, actions => \@actions &>
<& Elements/TitleBoxStart, title => "Modify Serial Numbers" &>

html
.
.
.