[rt-users] time worked/left

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Thu Oct 3 10:48:28 EDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Kirrily Robert wrote:

> Am I right in understanding that "time worked" is a numeric field and
> "time left" is a text field that will accept any string?  Why?  How do
> people usually use these fields?

'time worked' is intended (my reading) to be filled in on completing an
item of correspondence, indicating how long you took to arrive at the
information in that item of correspondence.  Note that RT is missing (IMO)
a 'Fee' field[1].

Time left is how long it is until the ticket is 'Due' (personally I like
'Time Remaining' as a more accurate definition).

As per most things with RT, it depends on your local working environment
as to whether this is actually useful for you.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security

[1] http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~moose/sysadmin/pricelist.html